Wednesday 27 April 2011

Aftershock

Wednesday 27 April 2011
The day after our exhibition.. I'm feeling quite pleased with how things went. Throughout the night more people turned up to have a look at our work, and I'm so proud of how everyone did.
Here are some pictures from the night of the pieces that were shown;Yvonne Williams

Freya Addey

Tom Beech

I felt that everyone's pieces were shown to a great standard, but was shocked to find today that part of Freya's work was taken (We later found out it was the cleaner). We had a good turn out last night and I was proud to be involved really.

Things to consider for next time;
1. Find a better quality printer. Since I am considering carrying on with digital work, I need to find a better place to print my work to a high standard.
2. Perhaps consider showing in a conventional gallery rather than an unconventional space like the Students Union. I went to see the Relationship show at the Liverpool Academy of Arts and it looked fantastic, made me want to show in a 'regular' gallery space. (They all produced amazing quality work, it looked great!)
3. Consider trying different sized prints way before exhibition deadline, and even frames for my work. I put this one down to bad time management on my part, so basically, I need to manage my time better, definitely need to for the third year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hannah B © 2014