Wednesday 3 November 2010

Time flies by

Wednesday 3 November 2010
The quick strokes of the violins and cello still rung in my ears hours after the performance, I felt touched by the strange sounds alien to a person who constantly listens to heavy guitars. The artist showing his work accompanied by music that synced perfectly in time with the moving images, the quick shuffle between close and far away displaying the scale of the gigantic heavy sculptures made me feel like they were somehow more alive.
The sound of the rolling ball descending the spiralling multicoloured complex made me imagine one of his giant sculptures rolling around a canyon road, which made me laugh a little bit.
It felt like it lasted only 5 minutes, I think that is a good indication that I enjoyed the performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hannah B © 2014